Student Employment Opportunities
Apply to become a Tutor (currently accepting applications):
We are looking for tutors to tutor specific, upper-level courses. The tutor application Fall 2022 semester is open. Apply now!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to become a Teaching Assistant/Peer Mentor (future openings):
The McNair Program is seeking to fill two (2) Teaching Assistant/ Peer Mentor (TA/PM) positions for the Geneseo Introductory Research Opportunity (GIRO) Summer Program. The TA/PM will work closely with the McNair staff and GIRO faculty in order to assure the success and development of the McNair scholars throughout the summer program. The TA/PM position is a 6-week position that reports to the Program Coordinator of the McNair Scholars Program. This is a Research Foundation (RF) for SUNY position. The salary is $5,025 (each).
The TA/PM is responsible for the following:
- Meeting daily with the Director;
- Meeting with assigned GIRO faculty member on a scheduled basis (determined by both counterparts);
- Town-hall supervision, including but not limited to making rounds and completing work orders;
- Coordinating tutor hours and overseeing library hours;
- Serving as the academic liaison between instructors, tutors, students, and the McNair staff;
- Assist with daily office tasks;
- Plan and facilitate activities for scholars; serves as point person for field trips;
- Maintain and track McNair Program equipment;
- Take pictures and videos throughout the summer program; create/manage social media; and
- Commit to other duties as assigned.
Apply to become a Graduate Assistant (GA) (currently accepting applications):
The McNair Program is currently looking for a graduate student to serve as the Program Assistant. This position is an essential support role to the McNair Program Director. This position is a year round position requiring availability in the fall, spring, and summer semesters. More information about the role
To apply, send your resume/CV, cover letter (including a statement on diversity), and references (including the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references) to email@example.com. Position is opened until filled.