Apply to become a Tutor (currently accepting applications):
We are looking for tutors to tutor specific, upper-level courses. The tutor application fall 2019 semester is open. Apply now!
If you have any questions, please contact Miguel Baique, Program Assistant Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply to become a Teaching Assistant/Peer Mentor (future openings):
The McNair Program is seeking to fill two (2) Teaching Assistant/ Peer Mentor (TA/PM) positions for the Geneseo Introductory Research Opportunity (GIRO) Summer Program. The TA/PM will work closely with the McNair staff and GIRO faculty in order to assure the success and development of the McNair scholars throughout the summer program. The TA/PM position is a 6-week position that reports to the Program Coordinator of the McNair Scholars Program. This is a Research Foundation (RF) for SUNY position. The salary is $3,685 (each).
The TA/PM is responsible for the following:
- Meeting daily with the Assistant Director;
- Meeting with assigned GIRO faculty member on a scheduled basis (determined by both counterparts);
- Town-hall supervision, including but not limited to making rounds and completing work orders;
- Coordinating tutor hours and overseeing library hours;
- Serving as the academic liaison between instructors, tutors, students, and the McNair staff;
- Assist with daily office tasks;
- Plan and facilitate activities for scholars; serves as point person for field trips;
- Maintain and track McNair Program equipment;
- Take pictures and videos throughout the summer program; create/manage social media; and
- Commit to other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates must apply online. This application will open up again in the spring 2020 semester! If you have any questions, please contact Miguel Baique, Program Assistant Director (email@example.com).
Apply to become a Graduate Assistant (GA) (currently accepting applications):
The McNair Program is currently looking for a graduate student to serve as the Program Assistant for Pre-McNair Program & Programming. This inaugural position is an essential support role to the McNair Program Director and Assistant Director. This position is a year round position requiring availability in the fall, spring, and summer semesters. More information about the role
To apply, send your resume/CV, cover letter (including a statement on diversity), and references (including the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references) to Miguel Baique (firstname.lastname@example.org). Position is opened until filled.