NY-Alert Notification System
Geneseo is committed to creating a safe environment for faculty, staff and students. NY-Alert is designed to notify you in situations where your personal safety may be at risk (see examples below). Subscription to NY-Alert is free and, while highly encouraged, completely voluntary. This information will not be shared with any outside parties, nor will Geneseo use the system for any purpose other than a true emergency. Subscribers may elect to opt out at any point if they change their mind.
The NY-Alert notification system is powered the Everbridge Critical Event Management platform
Student and employees registration for NY-Alert
If you have any questions about how to sign up, contact the CIT Help Desk at (585) 245-5588.
The NY-Alert system can be used when the following situations occur:
- Campus or public safety situations caused by bomb threats, civil disturbances, fire or hazardous materials
- Personal safety incidents (on/off campus) associated with weapons, violence, hostage-taking, active shooting, missing persons or perpetrator(s) at large
- Medical emergencies involving pandemic or mass casualties
- Utility failure, including gas, electrical or water
- Major road closings/incidents disrupting safe passage to and from campus
- Suspicious packages that would cause harm to people or property
- Severe weather and related consequences
The best way we can help ensure campus safety is through fast, effective notification. Please take a moment now to enroll in NY-Alert.