Faculty Travel Grants
The Faculty Travel Grants Program is designed to support the costs of faculty travel to conferences and professional meetings to make formal presentations, exhibits, or performances, involving their research, scholarship, or creative activities. The program is supported by The Geneseo Foundation and funded by private contributions. The Geneseo Foundation and the College Senate recognize that support for travel is an important concern for faculty, and this program is designed to encourage and help support participation in professional meetings.
Application deadlines are September 13, 2021 and February 7, 2022. The first deadline for the 2022-23 travel year is April 25, 2022
- Grants will be made to formal participants at professional meetings, conferences, showings, or performances. Participation is defined as presenting a paper or poster, organizing a session, serving as a discussant, or giving an invited performance or gallery showing.
- The maximum total annual award (for the summer-fall-spring year cycle) is $1,000 for presentations within the U.S./Canada (excluding Hawaii); or $1,200 for travel to Hawaii or outside the U.S./Canada.
- Requests for funds to conduct research (e.g. field work, trips to libraries or archives) will NOT be considered.
- The funding year will be divided into three funding periods in the following order: summer, fall, and spring. Each period will have its own deadline for applications. June 1st marks the beginning of the summer travel period. The deadline for travel that occurs during the Summer (after June 1st) is 05/10/2021, the deadline for the fall semester is 09/13/2021 and the deadline for the Spring semester is 02/07/2022. The first deadline for the 2023-23 year is 04/25/22 (Summer deadline for travel after July 1). Deadlines will be enforced to enable prompt review of applications after the closing date. If you have not yet received notification that your presentation has been accepted, you should still apply at the appropriate deadline and confirmation of your acceptance can be provided later.
- In the event that the Research Council has insufficient funds to award all eligible requests in an application round, funds will be awarded at a percentage rate equal to the total available funds divided by the total amount of approved requests.
- All funds will be maintained and dispersed by the Geneseo Foundation. Appropriate receipts must be submitted to the Geneseo Foundation before reimbursement.
- You cannot use your state-issued Citibank travel card for expenses that will be reimbursed by this grant.