The purpose of the endowed fund is to provide financial support to establish undergraduate student research awards that recognize those students who have successfully undertaken a research experience in the natural sciences and related disciplines under the direction or mentorship of a faculty member in the field of study and to promote this research experience.
- Student nominees must be full-time juniors or seniors.
- Students must have conducted research with a faculty member for the fall semester of the current year and must plan to continue the research into the spring semester.
- Funds must be utilized for a research project overseen by a faculty mentor or may be used to augment an Undergraduate Travel Grant for a conference presentation.
- These funds may be in addition to other grants, fellowships and assistantships students have received for their projects.
- Awards will range from $250 to $500.
- Department(s) designated by the donor’ will be announced each fall by the Office of Sponsored Research.
- Each department chair or program director will be asked to issue a call to their faculty members for nominations .
- A nomination form will be made available to faculty in selected department(s) by October 1.
- 2020 Nominations will be due by December 9.
- Recipients will be selected by the beginning of the spring semester by the Office of Sponsored Research staff, in conjunction with appropriate department chairs/program directors.
- The Office of Sponsored Research will generate award letters and will provide students with instructions on how to access their award funds.