Veterans: New and Transfer Students

  • Submit your application to SUNY Geneseo. Upon acceptance to Geneseo, pay your tuition deposit ($150-$300).
  • Apply for your Veterans Education Benefits.  In several weeks you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA stating the percentage of benefits you are entitled to.  If you are a transfer student you must submit a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995) form.  
  • Apply for financial aid by completing a FAFSA to determine if you are eligible for other types of financial aid. Geneseo’s Office of Financial Aid will send you an award notice letter a few weeks after submitting your FAFSA.
  • Submit your DD 214 Notice of Basic Eligibility, and Certificate of Eligibility to the SUNY Geneseo Veterans Services Office, Erwin 103.Transfer students must also submit your Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995) form.

Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Ch 33) students and VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch 31) students, our tuition policy complies with 38 USC 3679(e) which means Post 9/11 and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment students will not be charged or otherwise penalized due to a delay in VA tuition and fee payments. For eligibility consideration, a Post 9/11 GI Bill student must submit a VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and a Vocational Rehabilitation Student must provide a VAF 28-1905 form. Please see 38 USC 3679(e) for complete details.