- Advanced Data Analytics
- Data Preparation and Management
- Data Visualization and Presentation
- Big Data Analytics
- Social Media Data Analytics
Recent Business Internships
- AYCO (Goldman Sachs)
- Douglas Elliman
- Estee Lauder
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Palmer Foods
Data Analytics Major
Why study data analytics at Geneseo?
Data analytics has quickly become one of the fastest growing fields around the globe. The ability to identify and collect large amounts of data grows exponentially every year, but the important question is what to do with it all. Students can apply the tools learned in the data analytics program to everything from social media to marketing, finance to sports.
The data analytics major is a rigorous program that equips students with the skills required to collect, organize, analyze, and model data to draw sound conclusions. It aims to train well-rounded data analysts who are technically proficient in analyzing data and using it responsibly to make decisions, think critically, and communicate effectively. The transferable skills students learn—problem-solving, critical thinking, data analysis—apply to a wide variety of career paths, making a data analytics degree extremely dynamic, versatile, and desirable.
- All full-time faculty hold PhDs in data analytics or related fields.
- Curriculum combines core business courses with state-of-the-art courses in data analytics.
- Students have opportunities to work one-on-one with faculty to complete independent research and present at academic conferences.
- Students are encouraged to get involved in directed studies, internships, study abroad, and academic conferences.
- Faculty provide one-on-one academic and professional advisement.
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analytics Consultant
- Data Scientist/Analyst/Engineer
- Financial Analyst
- IT Systems Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Operations Research Analyst
- Quantitative Analyst
- Project Manager
- Social Media Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Transportation Logistics Specialist
Recent Business Employers
- Constellation Brands
- Dixon Schwabl
- Rich Products
Recent Business Grad Schools
- SUNY Binghamton
- UB School of Law
Chris Annala, Program Coordinator
South Hall 117D