Innovative Curricular and Co-curricular programs
- AACSB accredited curriculum since 2001, with ongoing innovations.
- Required 4-year Professional Development Program, continuously responding to employee feedback.
- A Career Advisor dedicated to School of Business students.
- Award winning Entrepreneurship program.
- One World Class Trading Room, equipped with Bloomberg terminals.
- Data Analytics Lab
- Certifications in: Bloomberg, Salesforce.com, Social Media Marketing (Hootsuite Academy), Six Sigma, Alteryx and Tableau.
Award Winning Faculty
- Two faculty have been awarded the SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professorship.
- One faculty was awarded the SUNY Distinguished Professorship (research).
- Four faculty have won the prestigious SUNY Chancellor's Award for Teaching.
- Three faculty have won the prestigious SUNY Chancellor's Award for Scholarly Activity.
Our Faculty Bring Real Business Experience to the Classroom
Michelle Staebell, Accounting: Staebell obtained her CPA license and went directly into public accounting, working for several regional CPA firms in the Rochester area. She began her own accounting and tax preparation service, Towner Taxes, which she continues to operate while teaching at Geneseo. Staying directly involved with the tax world allows her to bring up-to-the minute knowledge into her classroom. For more information and a video interview, visit Professor Michelle Staebell's page.
James Quinn, Business Admin: Quinn's 35-year legal career encompassed working as a prosecuting attorney for Monroe County, practicing litigation, corporate and business law in Rochester, and representing large corporations. Quinn is a pre-law advisor in the School of Business. For more information and a video interview, visit Professor James Quinn's page.
Our Alumni are CONNECTED!
See the numbers: (some activities on hold during pandemic)
- Alumni on campus, Executive-in-Residence visits - - 8 to 10/year
- Student trips to visit New York City - - 2/year
- On campus student/alumni conferences - - 3/year
- On campus School of Business alumni activities - - ongoing weekly
- Business Advisory Council Members (BAC) Western NY & NYC: 50
- Alumni Connections Council Members (ACC) Western NY & NYC: 40
- What I Know Now video series with advice from Geneseo alumni
Video of current School of Business students networking with successful Alumni.
The Power of Geneseo Alumni Connections for Careers
Hear some alumni perspectives...
Mengel Metzger Barr
Michelle Cain '94,
Eva Campanis '17,
QCI Asset Management
Kevin Gavagan '75,
Gregory Tedone '10,
Retirement Plan Consultant
Dejoy, Knauf & Blood
Mollene Benison '97,
Corey Dennis '12,
Steve Sauer '89,
Chris Martusewicz '07,