Your Path to Excellence
At the SUNY Geneseo School of Business we pride ourselves on excellence. We attract outstanding students who choose the forward-looking curricular and co-curricular programs we offer here, and our graduates go on to be highly successful. The School of Business offers three majors (Accounting, Business Administration and Economics) and five minors.
Video of current School of Business students networking with successful Alumni.
The Geneseo Path to Excellence is demonstrated by the following:
Innovative Curricular and Co-curricular programs
- AACSB accredited curriculum since 2001, with ongoing innovations.
- Required 4-year Professional Development Program, continuously responding to employee feedback.
- A Career Advisor dedicated to School of Business students.
- Award winning Entrepreneurship program.
- Three Undergraduate degree programs: Accounting, Business Administration and Economics.
- One Masters degree program: Accounting
- Four Minors: Finance, Business Administration, Data Analytics and Economics.
- One World Class Trading Room, equipped with Bloomberg terminals.
Award Winning Faculty
- Four faculty have won the prestigious SUNY Chancellor's Award for Teaching.
- Two faculty have won the prestigious SUNY Chancellor's Award for Scholarly Activity.
Our Alumni are ENGAGED!
See the numbers:
- Alumni on campus, Executive-in-Residence visits - - 6 to 8/year
- Student trips to visit New York City - - 2/year
- On campus student/alumni conferences - - 3/year
- On campus School of Business alumni activities - - ongoing weekly
- Business Advisory Council Members (BAC) Western NY & NYC: 50
- Alumni Connections Council Members (ACC) Western NY & NYC: 40
- What I Know Now video series with advice from Geneseo alumni
85% of Geneseo business students complete an internship.
Companies and organizations where our students intern and work include:
- Goldman Sachs
- Ernst & Young
- Dixon Schwabl
- JP Morgan
- Morgan Stanley
- Credit Suisse