- Corporate Finance
- Financial Modeling
- Legal Environment
- Managerial Finance
- Applied Portfolio Management
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Financial Statement Analysis
- International Finance
- Options and Derivatives
- Programming in R and Python
Internships and Placements
- Constellation Brands
- Credit Suisse
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan Chase
- M&T Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- Societe Generale
Peter Borgesi '16
Minor: Business Administration
Career: Peter is a vice president at Société Générale Corporate and Investment Banking in New York City. He structures and executes debt transactions for corporate, financial, and sovereign clients with a particular focus on ESG labeled products.
The field of finance lies at the center of corporate and personal cash flow planning. Finance offers numerous opportunities for majors to develop a career in fields such as commercial and investment banking, internal planning and risk management, wealth advisory services, valuation, insurance, or real estate.
Geneseo’s finance majors receive a solid introduction to the fields of managerial and corporate finance, investments, valuation, and financial modeling. Four required electives round out the core foundation and allow students to design a course of study that best prepares them for a variety of career tracks. Elective topics include derivatives, fixed income securities, financial statement analysis, applied portfolio management, and programming in R and Python.
- Geneseo’s Student Managed Investment Fund has approximately $750,000 under management, a size that puts it in the top 10% of such funds in the world.
- The endowed Trading Room resources include three Bloomberg terminals, which help students obtain Bloomberg certifications.
- CFA Level 1 exam scholarships and discounts are possible because Geneseo has Affiliated University status from the CFA institute.
- Students perform competitively in the WNY CFA Research Challenge (CFARC); students selected for the CFARC are eligible for special courses and honors.
- The major is hands-on and applied, emphasizing practice as well as theory, and is designed with industry demands in mind.
- Available courses include unusual offerings such as Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies, Financial Modeling, or Applied Portfolio Management.
- The department offers annual activities such as an on-campus finance conference with networking opportunities and a weekend trip to NYC featuring networking and visits to banks, hedge funds, and other finance firms.
- Geneseo’s rich network of successful alumni work in every major sector of finance and are passionate about helping current students.
- Asset Manager
- Commercial Banker
- Commercial Loan Specialist
- Division Controller
- Hedge Fund Manager
- Insurance Broker
- Investment Banker
- Real Estate Agent, Broker, or Developer
- Wealth Advisor
Recent Grad Schools
- UCLA Anderson School of Management
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business
- University of Rochester, Simon School of Business