Requesting Academic Accommodations

New Student Academic Accommodation Requests

New students who have not yet connected to the OAS will first complete a Public Accommodation Request (PAR) form:

1. Complete an Public Accommodation Request Form and click 'submit' 
2. You may upload documentation related to your disability to the PAR, or submit it to our office separately.
3. Once your request form has been submitted, you will receive an email with instructions to schedule an appointment in Accommodate.

 (with screenshots)

Supplemental Academic Accommodation Requests

Students who have already connected to the OAS and who wish to request new academic accommodations will complete a Supplemental Accommodation Request via their Accommodate Student Portal:

1. Login to Accommodate 
2. Select 'Accommodation' from the left side of the screen, and then select 'Supplemental'. Complete the Supplemental Request Form and click 'submit.'
3. You may upload new documentation to your request, or submit it to our office separately.
4. Once your request form has been submitted, you will receive an email with instructions to schedule an appointment in Accommodate.

(with screenshots)

Scheduling an Appointment

After you submit a PAR or Supplemental request, you will be sent an email asking you to schedule an appointment. To schedule an appointment with an OAS staff member via Accommodate, refer to the following instructions: 

1. Login to Accommodate
2. Click the Appointments link in the main menu
3. Choose the relevant appointment type

Please note that virtual meetings will be held via Microsoft Teams starting April 1st. Visit Microsoft Teams at Geneseo to learn how to install the Teams application on your computer/device.


Documentation should establish the need for accommodations and relate the current impact of the disability to the requested accommodation(s). Please refer to our Documentation Guidelines for more information. Documentation may be submitted via email, mail, fax, or in-person: 

Office of Accessibility Services
SUNY Geneseo
1 College Circle, Erwin Hall 22
Geneseo, NY 14454
Phone: (585)-245-5112 
Fax: (585)-245-5091 

Students who do not have documentation may still submit a request form and schedule a meeting.

Letters of Accommodation

If a student is approved to receive academic accommodations, the student will be provided a Letter of Accommodation (LOA) that outlines approved accommodations for that semester. Students must then send a copy of the letter of Accommodation to each of their instructors by the beginning of the semester, or as soon as they receive their LOA.

  • If a student requires assistance sending their LOA to their instructors, they may contact our office
  • Students are encouraged to speak to their instructors regarding their accommodation needs if they are comfortable doing so
    • Should the student or instructor have questions or concerns about a student's accommodation, they should contact the Office of Accessibility Services directly
  • Students can submit a new or supplemental request at any point