Meet Our Student Ambassadors
Geneseo Student Ambassadors collaborate with community members in locations as close as the villages of Geneseo and Mt. Morris and as far away as Nicaragua, Nepal, and Ghana. Uniting their work is a spirit of inquiry, creative problem solving, and attention to advancing SUNY Geneseo’s commitment to the public good. Learn more about the application process.
Community Advocates Ambassadorship in Community Engagement:
Brennan Wilcox '24. Let's Get Vaccinated
How might we create a research-based vaccine outreach framework, using a process of empathizing, validating, and educating, to combat misinformation in the vaccine-hesitant community?
The Ambassadorship in Diversity:
Jocelyn Haines '24, Re-plating Civic Engagement
How might we use design thinking to teach Geneseo students how to engage in more sustainable civic engagement using food insecurity in Uganda as an example?
The John A. '87 and MaryGrace '84 Gleason Ambassadorship in Student Affairs
Lauren Goulet '22 and Brendan Shortt '23, Big Change in a Little Space: On-campus Food Forest
How might we establish a yield-producing food forest as a tool to inform and empower local farmers, members of the SUNY Geneseo community, and other community partners on sustainable food growing practices?
The James Houston '80 Ambassadorship in Innovation:
Katelyn Adis ’24, Kayla Andersen ’24, Emma Parker ’24, Solar Collector for Geneseo eGarden Greenhouse
How might we design a new eGarden solar collector to produce greater thermal output which will lengthen growing seasons and increase productivity of greenhouses, ultimately improving local food security?
The Eddie Lee '76 Ambassadorship for First Generation Students:
Francheska Colón '23, Black Literature: The New Curriculum
How might we design a literature-based curriculum for public schools that represents students of color through written works and films?
The Edward Pettinella ’73 Ambassador in Business:
Natsuki Takata ’24, Turning Geneseo-area Food Waste into Sustainable Meals
How might we turn local farm food waste which is still edible into healthy meals while creating a place where people get inspired to cook sustainably?
The Frank Vafier '74 Ambassadorships in Leadership:
Alyssa Lee ’24, Chinatown Smiles: Creating Accessibility to Oral/Dental Care in NYC's Chinatown
How might we encourage and foster healthy oral hygiene behaviors in the Chinatown Asian American community, which may lack access to healthcare resources?
Tashi Sherpa ’22, Knight Food Rescue
How might we create an interactive platform to distribute excess foods left from catered events on campus to students?
- Patrick Buckley (class of 2018), James Houston '80 Ambassador in Innovation
- Sarah Jane Phillips (class of 2018), Community Advocates Ambassador in Community Engagement
- 2021 Student Ambassadors
- [no program ran in 2020 due to Covid-19]
- 2019 Student Ambassadors
- 2018 Student Ambassadors
- 2017 Student Ambassadors
- 2016 Student Ambassadors
- 2015 Student Ambassadors
- 2014 Student Ambassadors
- 2013 Student Ambassadors
- 2012 Student Ambassadors
- Hannah Loo (class of 2016), John A. and Mary Grace '84 Gleason Ambassador in Student Affairs
- Francesca DiGiorgio (class of 2016), Community Advocates Ambassador in Community Engagement
- Katherine Zaslavsky (class of 2016), Frank Vafier '74 Ambassador in Leadership
- 2016 Community Advocates Ambassador in Community Engagement Francesca DiGiorgio
- CIDD 2016 Provost's Ambassador in Diversity, Alex McGrath '17, Earns Prestigious Scholarship
- Evan Goldstein '17, CIDD James Houston '80 Ambassador in Innovation, Wins SUNY-Wide Award
- Watch Brandon Gaylord '17, CIDD 2015 Geneseo Alumni Association Ambassador in Philanthropy Ambassador video, "Stand Up Leadership"
- Watch CIDD ambassador video
- Read The Geneseo Scene feature on CIDD
- Watch a video featuring Ambassador Jennifer Grom's final project
- Watch a video featuring CAS Entrepreneurship Ambassador Luciano Scala at Clinton Global Initiative University