Registration for New Students
New first year and transfer students register for classes at SUNY Geneseo with the help of the Office of Academic Planning and Advising.
How do I choose my classes?
Advisors in the Office of Academic Planning and Advising will pre-register you for in-major requirements in early summer to ensure you stay on track with your timeline to graduate.
You will decide the rest of your schedule and register for your remaining classes in mid-July.
New student registration timeline:
- Complete the questionnaire sent to your Geneseo email account, so your Summer Registration Advisor (SRA) can learn more about you to begin drafting your course schedule (By May 31).
- Log into Brightspace (Beginning June 1) view the registration & degree planning tutorials and complete your registration quiz
- Look out for an email from your Summer Registration Advisor (SRA) to sign up for your group advising session
- Attend a virtual group advising session with your SRA (June 27-July 7).
- Log into your my.geneseo.edu account to register for your remaining classes (July 10-July 21)
Geneseo's registration process is set up to accommodate new and transfer students. We'll do everything we can to help you create a schedule that works for you with classes you love.
If you want to check out what classes are available before you meet with advising staff, you're invited to browse the Geneseo course catalog.
What if I have questions?