Transfer of Pre-College Academic Credit
- Students may transfer a maximum of 45 credits completed while concurrently enrolled in high school. Of these, a maximum of 30 credits may be AP, IB, and CLEP credits. Credit will not be awarded for courses that overlap with AP, IB and CLEP credits.
- Students may transfer a maximum of 60 credits from a two-year, degree-granting institution. (including no more than a total of 30 AP, IB, and CLEP credits).
- Students may transfer a maximum of 90 credits from a four-year, degree-granting institution (including no more than a total of 30 AP, IB, and CLEP credits and no more than 60 credits from two-year institutions.
Whether you are a first-year, new transfer, or continuing student, to receive transfer credits you must request an official transcript for transfer courses completed before you start(ed) at Geneseo from the transfer institution where you took the courses. Likewise, for AP/IB/CLEP exams, you must request official score reports from the testing agency. Continuing students should arrange for transcripts or scores be sent to the SUNY Geneseo Registrar's Office, Erwin 102. Applicants to Geneseo should arrange for transcripts or scores to be sent to the Admissions Office, Doty 200.
Credits and Course Equivalents
Advanced Placement (AP) Exams
AP credit articulations for students who started at Geneseo before the 2018-2019 academic year may be found below:
- AP credit chart for students who started at Geneseo in the 2015-16 academic year or earlier
- AP credit chart for students who started at Geneseo during the 2016-17 and 2017-18 academic years
International Baccalaureate (IB) Credits
Geneseo will give credit for specific courses only for Higher Level score of 5 or higher. Exceptions to this are noted on the IB Chart. Geneseo will give 6 hours of elective credit for a Higher Level score of 4, unless noted on the IB Chart. Geneseo will give 3 hours of elective credit for a Standard Level Score of 4 or higher.
Students are eligible for credit for the CLEP and other subject examinations if examinations are taken before matriculation at Geneseo.