Skip to main content

Transfer Credit Information

AP/IB Transfer Credit

Geneseo awards up to 30 credit hours for examinations such as the Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and CLEP exams. While each academic department determines the minimum test score required for academic credit in a particular subject, three hours of elective credit are guaranteed for general elective courses with scores of three or above for AP courses, and four and above for IB courses. Official transcripts or reports of your scores must be sent to the Geneseo Admissions Office to receive credit. At your request, Geneseo will send you an estimate of transfer credit; an official evaluation will be available when you register for classes.    

Tables listing credits and course equivalents for Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate Exams and CLEP can be found at the links below.

College Transfer Credit

Geneseo awards up to 45 credit hours from college coursework taken in high school through an accredited college or university.

Both AP/IB/CLEP and College Transfer Credit

If you are taking a combination of college coursework and AP/IB/CLEP in high school, the maximum number of transfer credits is 45; of this total a maximum of 30 credits can be AP/IB/CLEP. CLEP tests must be completed prior to matriculation at the college.