All candidates for initial certification and all new school employees must be cleared through FBI fingerprinting and criminal background check. The costs for the fingerprinting and the background check are incurred by the candidate.
As of July 14, 2017, all fingerprinting must go through the approved Statewide Vendor Managed System. To start your fingerprinting process, please go to: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tsei/ospra/fpprocess.html.
- Fingerprints must be scanned at a MorphoTrust location; appointments are required. To schedule an appointment online, visit: https://uenroll.identogo.com/workflows/14ZGQT.
- You must use the service code below to schedule your fingerprinting appointment:
- Certification Service Code: 14ZGQT
- The fingerprinting fees are paid onsite at the time of the fingerprinting session; you may pay with a credit card, cash or check (payable to "MorphoTrust USA"). For more information on the fees, please go to: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tsei/ospra/fpprocess.html.
- During your fingerprinting appointment session, your photo will be taken. You must provide at least two forms of identification. At least one form of ID must include a photo.
- Fingerprinting results will automatically post to your TEACH account. You can verify that TEACH has received your fingerprinting information. If the Fingerprinting page on your account says, "Your DCJS and FBI results have been received," your fingerprints have been successfully added to the database.
If you have any questions, please contact the NYSED Fingerprint Helpdesk at: email@example.com or call (518) 473-2998.