Skilled Core Trades
In compliance with the Facilities Services Mission Statement:
The Skilled Core Trades unit typically provides project support for renovations, specialty maintenance operations and building upgrades. This unit is not dedicated to a specific building zone or residence hall and provides the campus with skilled employees for a variety of academic and residential projects. This unique Facilities Services unit bills and recharges for their service areas of responsibility. Cost estimates are supplied prior to beginning each project. After reviewing the estimates, the individual departments must provide the approval and charge number before scheduling the work.
Skilled Core Trades include:
- Data Networking Team
- Electronic Systems Maintenance
- Locksmith Services
- Security Systems Services
- Moving Crew Services
Typical Project Work
- Renovation and construction of offices, classrooms and campus facilities.
- Install and test new sprinkler, security and fire alarm systems.
- Run new telecommunication cable for audio/video and computer upgrades.
- Install dedicated circuits and specialty lighting for campus-wide upgrades.
- Install new kitchens, baths and specialty science labs.
- Install ADA campus-wide upgrades for access and egress.
- Special parcel deliveries and relocation of campus personnel and equipment.
- Upgrade building security systems including keys, locks and card access.
- Set-ups, power and wiring for special campus events.
- Provide machine shop services.
- Provide skilled personnel for special customer requests.
- Manage campus-wide painting program with progressive seven year plan.