In compliance with the Facilities Services Mission Statement:
The Custodial Services unit is responsible for all cleaning and janitorial maintenance in all academic and residential zones across the campus. They receive both direct budget allocations and recharges for their service area of responsibility. This unit of Facilities Services also provides set-ups for conference rooms, meeting and events. As part of the I3 initiative, set-up services are billed out and recharged to Custodial Services.
SUNY Geneseo received the 2002 NACUBO Award For design and implementation of the Gen 1 Program.
Gen 1 Program
- A fundamental cleaning methodology directly linked to the I3 initiative.
- A trained Supervisory team and housekeeping staff.
- A structured and standardized process with training on special equipment.
- A physical mapping of square footage and cleaning requirements.
- A series of routine tasks and frequencies using standardized cleaning solutions, equipment and procedures.
- Introductory and semi-annual training on basic equipment and methods.
- Regular safety programs and training.
- Quality results through training, consistency and good supervision.
Philosophy of Cleaning
- Cleaning for good health is the primary driver.
- Cleaning for appearance is second only to good health.
- Campus cleanliness is important to residents, employees and visitors.
- Treat everyone as a first class citizen.
- Be proud of our campus and the work we do.
- Simplify processes where possible.
- Meet frequencies and schedules per details in Service Level Agreements.
- Work toward consistent and high quality standards.
- Exceed expectations.