In compliance with the Facilities Services Mission Statement:
The Grounds and Garage unit is responsible for installing and maintaining outside plantings and trees, pavements, sidewalks, tennis courts, storm drains, exterior signage, fences snow removal and heavy equipment services for all academic and residential zones across the campus. They receive both direct budget allocations and recharges for their service areas of responsibility.
- Maintains the exterior segment of the campus while providing a balance between ease of maintenance, improved aesthetics and budget limitations.
- Provides seasonal turf maintenance and repair.
- Provides regular pavement and parking lot maintenance.
- Maintains regular tree, grass and shrub planting.
- Provides scheduled pruning and removal of old growth.
- Maintains athletic fields including; grass, track, goals, nets, lines and scoreboards.
- Provides campus wide exterior litter pick-up.
- Provides snow and ice removal on campus roads, walkways and parking lots.
- Provides regular trash pick-up across campus.
- Sewer and drain maintenance across campus.
- Coordinates and conducts setups for outdoor special events.
- Provides preventive maintenance, mechanical repairs, parts and fueling services for all vehicles owned and maintained by the college.
- Provides New York State inspection services on all fleet vehicles.
- Services fleet and departmental vehicles on site as needed.
- Services include landscaping equipment and snow removal vehicles.
Clark 119, 1 College Circle
Geneseo, NY 14454
Phone: (585) 245-5662