3/4 Cooperative Degree with the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYCOM)
Enrolling at SUNY Geneseo in our 3/4 Osteopathic Medicine Program with the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) will allow you to receive your DO (osteopathic physician) Degree in an accelerated 7 years, rather than the typical 8 year period.
If you are accepted into this Program, you need to be a BS Biology major and complete all of the program requirements except for electives in Biology during your first three years at Geneseo. After this, you will transfer to NYITCOM. Credits from your first year in the program at NYITCOM will transfer back to Geneseo to complete your BS degree in Biology, and after 4 years at NYITCOM, your DO is awarded.
To be eligible for this program, the applicant must have a high school average of 90% or better.
To apply, simply complete either the preferred Common Application or the SUNY Application. The preferred deadline for submission of all application materials is February 1. We recommend you begin the application process 4-6 weeks prior to that date. It is important that you clearly indicate on your application that you wish to be considered for the 3/4 Osteopathic Medicine Program at Geneseo.
If you are admitted to Geneseo and meet the requirements set by NYITCOM to be further considered for this Program, detailed information will follow your offer of admission.
Students are not accepted at NYITCOM until the following requirements are met at Geneseo:
- The program requires that students maintain a 3.5 each semester with one semester grace period
- Completion of the required courses for the Biology degree
- The MCAT required score is determined each year based on the average MCAT score of the year prior, so that will be communicated as you enter the program as a Freshman
- Favorable recommendation by the SUNY Geneseo PreMed Committee
- Interview by NYIT COM faculty