Geneseo students are assigned a faculty academic advisor for their major of study.
Pre-Health students are encouraged to not only meet their faculty advisor for advisement in their major, but regularly meet with the appropriate Pre-Health Advisor.
Make sure to subscribe to the Pre-Med/Pre-Health listserv.
Pre-Medical Advisory Committee
In addition to the Pre-Health Advisors, Geneseo has a Pre-Medical Advisory Committee that was established to facilitate SUNY Geneseo students getting into medical school. The main role of the committee is to work collaboratively in writing a committee letter as part of the medical or dental school application. However, the committee is also available to:
- inform students about what they need to do to get into medical school
- advise students when they have questions about their preparation for medical school
- answer questions about the process of applying to medical school
- write letters of recommendation for students applying to medical school
For additional details on what the Pre-Medical Committee does, view the Mission of the Pre-Medical Advisory Committee.
Advisory Committee Members
- Dr. Hristina Nedelkovska, Biology Dept, firstname.lastname@example.org, ISC 257
- Dr. Wendy Pogozelski, Chemistry Dept., email@example.com, ISC 326F
- Prof. Dawn Aguilar, Mathematics Dept., firstname.lastname@example.org, South 302
- Dr. Terry Bazzett, Psychology Dept, email@example.com
- Dr. Melanie Medeiros, Anthropology Dept., firstname.lastname@example.org, Bailey 106 and Dr. Jen Guzman, Anthropology Dept, email@example.com, Bailey 150
- Ms. Cheryll Reynolds, PreMedical Advisory Committee Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org, ISC 332 (available part-time mornings, Biology Main Office)