As SUNY Geneseo celebrates its 150th anniversary and launches a new mission statement, the College is pleased to offer a new opportunity to recognize individuals who embody and foster the achievement of that mission. The Advancing Our Institutional Mission (AIM) Awards will recognize dedicated faculty and staff members who meet this high standard and exemplify the Geneseo spirit. Going forward, the AIM Awards will incorporate the Geneseo Pride Awards, which are being sunset.
Nominations of eligible nominees, who will be active individuals or teams of Geneseo or Campus Auxiliary Services employees, are welcomed from any current member of the Geneseo campus community (students and employees). Especially encouraged are nominations of individuals or teams who are “unsung heroes,” persons/groups who are unusually committed in their service to the College but whose contributions may be overlooked. A priority will also be placed on recognizing an exemplary ability to work constructively across office or divisional structures.
Qualities that merit nomination might include but are not limited to:
- Fostering the college’s record of achievement as a distinctive public liberal arts institution
- Assisting at an exemplary level our students’ attainment of the knowledge, skills, and motivation to build a better world
- Advancing in a noteworthy way a sense of inclusion and belonging for all at Geneseo
- Cultivating at a meritorious level of creativity, engagement, and discovery among members of the College community
- Going “above and beyond” what is expected in one’s campus role, in strong alignment with our mission
Up to four awards will be conferred each year. Awardees will:
- Be acknowledged at the annual Employee Service Recognition event
- Be invited to participate in a special chef-prepared meal honoring AIM Award recipients
- Receive a framed certificate documenting award receipt
- Have their photograph and name, acknowledging their status as an award recipient, displayed in a central location.
In the inaugural year, the Geneseo Cabinet will vet and identify the honorees; going forward, the intention is to engage award recipients in the vetting process, with final selections made by the Cabinet. Once established, persons who are recognized with an individual (as opposed to a team) award will be ineligible for future individual AIM awards.
Nominations may be made using this form. Nominators will be asked to provide their rationale for the nomination in keeping with the award criteria.
The deadline for submission is March 1, 2022.
All forms should be sent to the Office of the President, Doty Hall 310, or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org