SUNY Geneseo Advancing Our Institutional Mission (AIM) Awards
The College is pleased to recognize individuals who embody and foster the achievement of our mission. The Advancing Our Institutional Mission (AIM) Awards will recognize dedicated faculty and staff members who meet this high standard and exemplify the Geneseo spirit.
Nominations of eligible nominees, who may be individuals or teams of Geneseo or Campus Auxiliary Services employees, are welcomed from any current member of the Geneseo campus community (students and employees). Especially encouraged are nominations of individuals or teams who are “unsung heroes,” persons/groups who are unusually committed in their service to the College but whose contributions may be overlooked. A priority will also be placed on recognizing an exemplary ability to work constructively and collaboratively across office or divisional structures.
Qualities that merit nomination might include but are not limited to:
- Fostering the college’s record of achievement as a distinctive public liberal arts institution
- Assisting at an exemplary level our students’ attainment of the knowledge, skills, and motivation to build a better world
- Advancing in a noteworthy way a sense of inclusion and belonging for all at Geneseo
- Cultivating at a meritorious level of creativity, engagement, and discovery among members of the College community
- Going “above and beyond” what is expected in one’s campus role, in strong alignment with our mission
- Establishing practices, programs, or initiatives that help cultivate a distinctive, equity-centered, public honors college experience.
Up to four awards will be conferred each year. Awardees will:
- Be acknowledged at the annual Employee Service Recognition event
- Be invited to participate in a special chef-prepared meal honoring AIM Award recipients
- Receive a framed certificate documenting award receipt
- Have their photograph and name, acknowledging their status as an award recipient publicized
Nominations may be made using this form. Nominators will be asked to provide their rationale for the nomination in keeping with the award criteria. Rationale should describe, in detail, specific activities, initiatives or characteristics of the nominee(s) that meet one or more criterion.
The deadline for submission is March 31, 2023.
All forms should be sent to the Office of the President, Doty Hall 310, or submitted electronically to email@example.com