Please note that seminar locations will often be done via Zoom this semester requiring a SUNY Geneseo Gmail login unless otherwise indicated. As a result, please be sure to read your email messages.
- Friday, 1/28/2022, 2:30 p.m., ISC 131 and Zoom, Dr. Josie Reinhardt, Assistant Professor, SUNY Geneseo Biology, "Cooperation and conflict in stalk-eyed fly genomes"
- Friday, 2/11/2022, 2:30 p.m., Zoom, Dr. Mackenzie Gerringer, Assistant Professor, SUNY Geneseo Biology, "Fishes of the Deep Ocean: Ecology, Physiology, and Undergraduate Research Experiences
- Friday, 2/18/2022, 2:30 p.m., Zoom, Jeffry Petracca, Entomology Curator/Educator, Long Island Aquarium & CSHL DNA Learning Center, "DNA Barcoding: Biodiversity and Bugs! A Citizen Science Perspective"
- Friday, 2/25/2022, 2:30 p.m., Zoom, John Ehret, Third Year Medical Student, Touro College Osteopathic Medicine, "Bridging the Gap: How to Succeed as a Premed and Beyond"
- Friday, 3/4/2022, 2:30 p.m., Zoom, Dr. JD Lewis, Professor, Fordham University, "Something wicked this way comes: Climate change and pandemics"
- Friday, 3/25/2022, 2:30 p.m., Zoom, Jacob Harrison, Duke University, "Moving at the extremes: the biomechanics of super small, springy, speedy species"
- Friday, 4/1/2022, 2:30 p.m., Zoom, Elizabeth Bonk (Researcher at Alfred-Wegener Institute Helmholtz Center for Polar and Marine Research and SUNY Geneseo Biology Department Graduate 2006), Pontoon boats to icebreakers, working in ocean science with a Biology BS from Geneseo"
- Friday, 4/8/2022, 2:30 p.m., Zoom, Dr. Fathima Nazeer, Assistant Professor, SUNY Potsdam, "DNA damage and mRNA processing, what's the connection?"
- Friday, 4/15/2022, 2:30 p.m., Zoom, Jared Bienstock (2013), "Exploring the Career of Cardiavascular Perfusion"
- Friday, 4/29/2022, 2:30 p.m., ISC 131, Patrick Flannery (alum), Mitra Lab at Cold Spring Harbor Lab