Internships for Academic Credit
- Integrates academic and work experiences for enhanced learning.
- Tailored to student and sponsor needs.
- Amount of credit is based on hours worked (To earn 3 credit hours you need to work 120 hours with the sponsor).
- You may enroll in between 3 and 12 credit hours.
- Grade is included in your GPA.
- Internships may be an elective for the Management and Marketing minors.
- If you take an accounting internship, up to 6 credit hours can be included in your 33 credit hours of accounting requirements. It may also count as part of your professional experience.
- To initiate your academic internship first contact Robert Boyd, Director of School of Business Interns (Boyd@geneseo.edu or visit South 102 during office hours)
The Academic Component of the Program includes:
- Each individual is assigned an academic advisor
- Weekly activity journals
- Five on-line learning modules
- Midterm and final sponsor evaluation
- Written and oral report at end of semester.
Grading For Academic Credit Internships
- The internship agreement identifies projects and responsibilities of the intern. The sponsor will evaluate the student mid-way through the internship and at the end. This will represent 50% of the grade.
- Weekly Journals documenting hours worked, experiences, progress towards learning objectives and discussion with faculty advisor as appropriate. This will represent 10% of the grade.
- Participation in learning modules will represent 15% of grade.
- Oral presentation at end of internship 20% of grade
- Written report based on the oral presentation 10% of grade.