SUNY Retirement Programs
The information provided below will assist you with retirement plan options available to SUNY Geneseo employees. For new employees, your selection of a retirement system is an important decision, so please review your options very carefully. Once your election is made, you will generally not be allowed to change retirement systems; unless you have a change in your employment title making you eligible for a different retirement system for the first time and you opt to change to that system within 30 days of your eligible appointment.
Retirement Plans Overview & Eligibility
RETIREMENT PLANS COMPARISON VIDEO -- WATCH ME!
Your selection of a Retirement System is an important decision, so please review your options very carefully. Once your election is made, you will generally not be allowed to change Retirement Systems, unless you have a change in your employment title making you eligible for a different Retirement System for the first time and you opt to change to that System within 30 days of your eligible appointment.
It is important to note that membership in a retirement system may not otherwise be changed or withdrawn during your current or any subsequent employment with any SUNY or community college campus.
Retirement Plan Options & Eligibility
Retirement Program Brochure for New Faculty and Staff
Retirement Election & Overview
SUNY Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) Information
- SUNY Optional Retirement Program (SUNY ORP) Summary Plan Description
- SUNY ORP - Choosing Your Investments
- Financial Education & Planning Tools
SUNY ORP Investment Providers:
VOYA: Gary Witten - 716-626-3928/ Gary@TeamIFS.com
COREBRIDGE FINANCIAL: Robert Leombruno - 585-506-7943/ Robert.Leombruno@corebridgefinancial.com
FIDELITY: Bill Stark - 716 -270-7732/ email@example.com
TIAA: Michael Spogli - 585-246-4631/ Michael.Spogli@tiaa.org
SUNY Defined Benefit Plan Information
- New York State and Local Retirement System
- ERS Benefit Summary for Tier 6
- Employees Retirement System (ERS) Tier 6
- Teachers' Retirement System
- Teachers' Retirement System (TRS) Active Members Handbook
- Police and Fire Retirement System
New Employee - How to Enroll in a Retirement Program
Once you have carefully reviewed your options, your first step is to register with Retirement@Work and elect your retirement program and provide your retirement system history. All SUNY Geneseo NEW employees must use Retirement@Work to select a retirement plan within 30 days of their hire date. Retirement Election is a 2-step process:
Step 1: Register with Retirement@Work and elect your retirement plan.
Step 2: Complete your retirement plan election by completing the enrollment process required by the plan you selected.
- If you selected the SUNY Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) based on your eligibility, you will need to complete an online enrollment process with the investment provider you selected. You will then need to send confirmation of your enrollment to your Benefits Administrator.
- ORP Enrollees - Schedule an appointment with TIAA Campus Representative -- Online Scheduler
- If you selected a Defined Pension Plan (NYSLRS, TRS or PFRS) based on your eligibility, you will need to complete the required paper application.
ERS Tier VI Membership Application
TRS Tier VI Membership Application