COVID-19 Update: Our top priority is the safety of our students and campus community. As a preventative measure, we will be strictly limiting the number of visitors to campus through the end of the semester. We hope to resume normal operations later this spring. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Please email ISSS@geneseo.edu or call +1 585-245-5404 with any questions.
SUNY Geneseo is a selective liberal arts university dedicated to developing socially responsible citizens with skills and values for a productive life. In upholding this mission, we look for highly motivated, curious, and talented students who have demonstrated success in their academic and social lives. The admissions committee reviews applicants' academic records and examination results, recommendations, English proficiency, and other materials to determine your probability of success at SUNY Geneseo.
- Early Decision: Nov. 15 for fall admission (N/A for spring)
- First-Year: January 1 for fall admission, Dec. 1 for spring
- Transfer: Rolling deadline for fall and spring admission
- Readmission: June 1 for fall admission, Dec. 1 for spring
- International: June 1 for fall admission, Nov. 1 for spring
Application Decisions Rendered
- Early Decision: Dec. 15 for fall admission (N/A for spring)
- First-Year students: Early May for fall admission, rolling for spring
- Transfer: Rolling decisions for fall and spring admission
- Readmission: Rolling decisions for fall and spring admission
- International: Rolling decisions for fall and spring admission
We evaluate applications on a rolling basis. Applications are typically reviewed within two weeks of submission.
*Completed applications will be considered on a case by case basis after this deadline