Skip to main content

Request Records or Reports

Requests for SUNY Geneseo University Police records may be made using the forms below. All requests will be fulfilled electronically to the extent possible.

Motor Vehicle Accident Reports

Motor vehicle accident reports can be processed through the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or through the University Police Department (UPD). For motor vehicle accident reports processed by the University Police Department, there is a $15 charge.


To obtain the report through the DMV, go to Get Motor Vehicle Accident Reports.


To obtain a report for a Motor Vehicle Accident that occurred on SUNY Geneseo property, go to: Request a Motor Vehicle Accident Report from UPD

Request UPD Records or Reports

This form should be used to request SUNY Geneseo University Police Department records and reports, including Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. If the embedded form is not loading, it may be accessed here: Request for Records or Reports. SUNY Geneseo reserves the right to charge a processing fee ($.25 per page, plus postage) for requests in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Crime victims are entitled to a free copy of their report.

For more information, please see SUNY Geneseo's Freedom of Information Policy and SUNY's Compliance with Freedom of Information Policy.