Political Science & International Relations
Welcome to the Department of Political Science and International Relations at SUNY Geneseo. Whether you are a current student, alum, or a prospective student, you will be impressed by the quality of the Political Science and International Relations Programs at Geneseo. In courses on American politics, comparative politics, international relations, political theory, and research methods, faculty challenge students to develop their analytical, quantitative, and expository skills.
The focus of the department is on analytical sophistication, enabling graduates to think critically about political life in a variety of settings. By exploring the information on these web pages you will learn about the wide-range of Political Science courses we offer. If you have any questions about the department and its programs, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Professor and Department Chair
Political Science and International Relations
- Read Prof. Anand Rao's Commentary: The Shadow of Japanese Colonialism May Cloud U.S. Policy
- Read Prof. Karleen West's Commentary on the Storming of the Capitol on January 6th in The Syracuse Post-Standard
- View the History of the Political Science and International Relations Department
- Read Ed Drachman's Buffalo News OpEd on Syria >>
- Read Jeff Koch's New York Times OpEd on Third Parties >>