Pre-Law Advisement Program
The Geneseo Pre-Law Advisement Program introduces students from all disciplines to the wide range of careers available to law school graduates, and prepares our students to successfully apply for, and succeed in, law school. Contrary to the common perception that law schools seek students who have majored in certain “pre-law” subjects, law schools are interested in high-achieving students regardless of discipline. Every year, Geneseo graduates from the sciences, social sciences, humanities and business enter law schools across the U.S., and occasionally abroad.
Through the Geneseo Pre-Law Advisement Program you can:
- Consult one of our faculty advisors
- Meet with visiting law school admissions officers and faculty members
- Network with alumni mentors
- Join the Phi Alpha Delta pre-law club or the Mock Trial Club
- Pursue a legal internship
- Attend LSAT and law school application workshops
- Attend regional law school fairs
- Sign up for the pre-law mailing list-serve
The menu at the left of this page provides links to these and more.
Students taking the LSAT and applying to law school: Please allow LSAC to release your information to us. We will use this data anonymously to help students who come after you.
Visit the W&M Law School Admissions blog for advice from a law school admissions staff on the significance of personal statements and what and how to write about.
1 College Circle
Geneseo, NY, 14454