Psychology is Geneseo's largest liberal arts major. Coursework involves broad preparation in the fundamental ideas of psychology along with the development of quantitative, analytic, and writing skills. Students can further develop interest and skills through collaborative research with the faculty, sponsored internships, and directed studies.
Tenure Track Position Openings:
Clinical/Counseling: The Department of Psychology at SUNY Geneseo is seeking applicants for a tenure track Assistant Professor position with an emphasis in clinical or counseling psychology to begin August, 2020. Although the area of specialization is open, the department is particularly interested in candidates who would teach courses to meet department needs and bring scholarly expertise that complements the expertise of other faculty members in the department. Among the goals of the search is increasing the diversity of the faculty in the Department of Psychology, and we therefore welcome applicants who are from groups that are historically underrepresented at the College.
Duties of the position include:
• Teach undergraduate courses in clinical psychology, abnormal psychology, and/or upper-division classes in area of expertise
• Pursue a research program relevant to clinical or counseling psychology, with involvement of undergraduate students
• Provide academic advisement to students
• Contribute to department functioning through committee service
• Contribute service to the college, discipline, and/or community
Link to job post: http://jobs.geneseo.edu/