Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
All Residence Life staff will participate in critical dialogue around DEI, anti-racism, and cultural humility. All training, educational initiatives, and occupancy management will incorporate these commitments and staff will espouse these values in their roles through programmatic and engagement efforts.
Goals for 2020-2021
- Add Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion more explicitly in our Educational Priority and Departmental Mission.
- Create a departmental Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
- Investigate a new Living-Learning Community to support BIPOC.
- Leadership Team will complete the Advancing Cultural Competency Certificate.
- Establishment of the Umoja House Living-Learning Community
- ResLife DEI Committee established, initiatives led by student staff and co-chaired by Laura Dulski and Meg Reitz
- Re-wrote Departmental Mission and Educational Curriculum to reflect DEI commitment.
- Updated language on housing application for students to provide clearer housing options for LGBTQ+ students and allies.