How do you find undergraduate research opportunities and funding?
Finding a Research Project or Opportunity
- ON CAMPUS: Check with a faculty member in your field of interest and/or check with your academic department Some academic departments include undergraduate research on their websites: Academic Department Listing.
- OFF CAMPUS: There is an abundance of undergraduate research opportunities through federal programs, at other colleges and through private entities. Explore these External Funding Opportunities.
- Check the GREAT Day Archives to read abstracts of research projects in which previous Geneseo students have engaged. Each project has a faculty sponsor, whom you can contact directly.
- There are many campus based funding opportunities to support Undergraduate Research, including small grants for research and travel to present at conferences, assistantships, and summer fellowships. Visit Research Funding for more information.
- Funding for student research is also available through many federal and private programs. Visit External Funding Opportunities for more information.