Information for Alumni
As a SUNY Geneseo graduate, you continue to have access to many career development services and programs. We offer support for your job search, career change, or life transition. We are here to help with resume and cover letter reviews, graduate school applications, networking opportunities, individualized counseling, and more.
For your convenience, we are happy to connect in whatever manner is most comfortable for you: in person, via phone, or email. For more information about the programs/services available to alumni, review our website or contact our office at 585-245-5721, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us at Erwin Hall 116, 1 College Circle, Geneseo, NY 14454.
Handshake has replaced KightJobs as our employment search software. To login as an alum, please complete the Handshake Access Request Form and see the tutorial of the registration process for an account.
Overview of Alumni Career Services
The Department of Career Development offers a wide range of services to alumni in need of career coaching or help with life transitions. The following is a partial list of our services:
- Career exploration assistance
- Resume and cover letter review
- Interview preparation and practice
- Career and personal assessments
- Phone, email, and in-person support
- Networking assistance, programs, and events
- Where are my placement records?
Please consider giving of your time or expertise to help current Geneseo students gain knowledge about the world of work by engaging in one of the following:
- Recruit with us! If you would like to schedule a visit to campus to interview, contact our office at 585-245-5721 to set up a schedule. If you instead prefer to post a full-time or internship opportunity with us, you may do so through our job posting database, Handshake
- Contact our office to schedule an on-campus Information Session about your company or business
- Participate in a student-alumni networking event such as the Career Connections Networking Reception (fall semester) or the Business Etiquette Dinner (spring semester)
- Donate gently used professional attire to Encore, our business clothing borrowing service
By now, you know that job searching is all about being connected. Here are several resources to help you connect, build relationships, and gain inside information from other alumni.
Interfolio: The premier online placement file/portfolio management service is an easy and affordable way for a student to send materials to graduate and professional schools or prospective employers. Interfolio's online system allows you to build an online portfolio: a complete file of all your credentials. Documents stored in your online Interfolio account can include, but are not limited to:
- Confidential letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/Resumes
- Writing samples
- Dissertation abstracts
- Teaching portfolio documents
- Supervising teacher evals
- Student & peer evaluations
- Unofficial transcripts
Contact Career Development at (585) 245-5721 or email@example.com if you have questions.
There are two ways you can donate:
- Donate online: Complete the Geneseo Foundation's donation form. Write Career Development in the area for Special Allocation Instructions.
- Donate by Mail: Mail your check, payable to The Geneseo Foundation - Department of Career Development. Mail the form to The Geneseo Foundation, Erwin Hall, Room 11, 1 College Circle, Geneseo, NY 14454