Campus Auxiliary Services, known as CAS, is a not-for-profit company dedicated to serving the SUNY Geneseo campus. We are passionate about Geneseo—the community, the college, and the individuals that make up the campus. We provide several nonacademic services to SUNY Geneseo. While mostly known for our dining program, we also provide catering, laundry, vending, ID, refuse and recycling, and a host of other services. We take care of the members of the campus community so that they can focus on why they're here—academics. So settle in at Geneseo, and let us take care of you!
CAS Board of Directors
CAS is governed by a Board of Directors that consists of 14 members, 5 of which are current SUNY Geneseo students. Together, the Board of Directors helps to shape CAS policies such as the annual budget, meal plan prices and policies, corporate mission, terms and conditions of employment, and the development of long-range plans for operations and investments.
The Board always consists of the following:
- 3 members elected by teaching faculty for a three-year term
- 1 member elected by non-managerial professional staff for a three-year term
- 3 student members selected by the Executive Committee of the Student Association for staggered two-year terms
- The president of Student Association or his/her designee
- The Director of Inter-Residence Affairs or his/her designee
- 2 administrators selected by the College President for three-year terms
- 2 members of the local business community selected by the President for a three-year term
- The President of the College or his/her designee
CAS exists to support the college by providing services to the campus community, but we also contribute to the college financially.
In 2019-2020, CAS provided:
- est. $616,675.00 in program funding for the college
- est. $309,359.20 in rent
- est. $26,000 in student and department catering grants
- Up to $10,000 in student employee scholarships
- Various annual donations to departmental and college-related organizations
We encourage our partners to give back to the Geneseo community each year.
- Barnes & Noble (operator of the Geneseo University Bookstore) provides up to $5,000 in textbook grants to students
- Crickler Vending provides $5,000 Alumni/Foundation donation
- Crickler Vending provides a paid internship opportunity to a Geneseo student
- Coca-Cola provides $5,000 in student scholarships
- Coca-Cola provides $5,000 in athletic support
- Coca-Cola supports an annual fund to be used for student scholarship programs as designated by the college President and Foundation