Please note: SUNY Geneseo's master's and undergraduate commencement ceremonies for 2020 have been postponed as part of the college's response to COVID-19. The information below is historical and may not be not applicable to 2020. Please visit the commencement homepage for more information.
Concessions will be available starting at 7:00am and will continue throughout the day for each ceremony. The concession stand will be outside of Merritt Athletic Facility. Hot and cold beverages, snacks, and hot lunch items will be available.
Receptions for graduates, parents, and guests are sponsored by Campus Auxiliary Services and hosted by Academic Departments. They will be held immediately following each commencement ceremony. Light refreshments are served.
Morning Ceremony Reception Locations
- Biology and Biophysics: Letchworth Dining Hall.
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: 1st Floor of the ISC (formerly the Greene Lounge Area).
- Geological Sciences, Geochemistry and Geophysics: Bailey Hall, Atrium.
- Applied Physics and Physics: ISC Lobby (east end, 2nd floor)
- Accounting, Business Administration, and Economics: MacVittie College Union Ballroom.
- School of Education (all majors): Reception will be in Mary Jemison Dining Facility.
- Mathematics: Blake A, Knight Spot.
Afternoon Ceremony Reception Locations
- Art History, Music, Musical Theater, and Theater: Reception in the Kinetic Gallery, MacVittie College Union.
- Communication: Blake A, Knight Spot.
- Geography: Bailey Atrium.
- Anthropology, Black Studies, and History, American Studies, English, French, Spanish, Philosophy: Reception in the MacVittie College Union Ballroom.
- Sociology: Bailey Atrium
- International Relations and Political Science: Mary Jemison Dining Hall, top floor
- Psychology and Neuroscience: Mary Jemison Dining Hall, lower level
PLEASE NOTE: A detailed map of reception locations will be included in the commencement program. This will allow graduates to meet and greet with faculty from their academic areas.
Students and guests are encouraged to attend the reception in the location assigned to the academic area of the graduates' degree.