Fill out this pre-registration form to let us know which sessions you want to attend and to participate in other fun aspects of the Diversity Summit! When you indicate that you are interested in a session, you will be sent a google reminder of the session by our student team to make attending the Summit even easier. Pre-registering does not require you to attend the session you selected and you are welcome to attend without having pre-registered.
What are the session topics?
Each session will be unique in its topic while centered around this year’s theme of "Creating an Antiracist Community." All sessions will be offered virtually via Zoom.
The sessions are created and hosted by students, staff, and other community members, looking to share their perspectives and have meaningful conversations.
- Full Schedule of Events
Click any of the sessions for more information. Fill out the Summit pre-registration form to indicate your interest in attending one or more sessions.
If you require accommodations for equal access to this event, please contact the Office of Accessibility Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 585-245-5112 at least one week prior to this event.
Amplify Your Voice:
- Use the pre-registration form to submit content to the Amplify Your Voice video to showcase your creative expression.
- The Diversity Summit Student Team finds it important that we all not only lean in, engage, and be heard, but we also want to amplify the voices of students at Geneseo.
- We will work to create a video that showcases students’ creative contribution to our community. We are looking for ANY form of creative/self-expression that can be uploaded and submitted. This can be videos, photos, text submission, etc. The video created from this content will be shown during the day of the Summit (March 2nd).
- Submissions for the video will close on February 28th at 5pm.
- Any questions? Email our student team email@example.com.
- Volunteers will receive Diversity Summit t-shirts!
- One attendee from each session will be chosen randomly to receive a bundle of prizes from the Office of Diversity and Equity!
- The student recorded to have attended and participated in the MOST sessions (outside of hosting or volunteering) will receive a pair of Apple AirPods!
What happens after the summit?
The Student Association will be hosting a student-led debrief in which they lead a candid discussion around the sessions held, the keynote speaker’s topic, and the overall Diversity Summit.
We will also be sharing our information on where to find our google form that gathers feedback on this year’s summit. This also allows us to hear ideas related to the focus of next year’s Diversity Summit. This session also plans to gather student ideas and perspectives regarding next year’s Diversity Summit’s T-shirt.
If you or an organization you’re involved in wants to volunteer to help the week of the Diversity Summit or the actual day of the Diversity Summit, check out the volunteer form for more information.