SUNY Geneseo offers master’s degree programs in accounting, education, and history. Most of our graduate programs are available to full-time or part-time students, with courses generally scheduled in the late afternoon or evening and some delivered online.
Internships and other field placement courses usually require students to be enrolled on a full-time basis for the duration of the internship.
An online and in-person hybrid program
Reading and Literacy
- Reading and Literacy B-12 program information
- Reading and Literacy B-12 brochure
- Reading and Literacy B-12 courses overview
MS Adolescence Education
- MS Adolescence Education (Grades 7-12) information
- MS Adolescence Education brochure
According to NYSUT, a severe teacher shortage is looming for the State of New York and the country. It's an opportune time to enter the field.
Why Choose Geneseo
- The School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), a recognition that fewer than 5% of the more than 16,000 schools granting business degrees have attained.
- Geneseo students have demonstrated some of the best pass rates on the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) exam in New York State.
- The Ella Cline Shear School of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation for Educator Preparation (CAEP), advancing equity and excellence in educator preparation through evidence-based accreditation that assures quality and supports continuous improvement to strengthen P-12 student learning.
- Over the last five years for which we have data, 59.6% of our students have passed the CPA exam on their first attempt. And, many of our students complete part or all of the CPA exam during their time in the program.
- Our average graduate class size is no larger than 20 students.
- Professionals earning the M.S. in Accounting need only one year of work to meet the experience requirement for CPA licensure.
- The GMAT requirement is waived for applicants who a). earned, or expected to earn before entering our program, an accounting bachelor's degree within the last five years from an accredited institution, and b). achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or greater.
- Applicants to our education master's degree programs may submit the Educating All Students (EAS), Content Specialty Test (CST), or other substantially equivalent test in place of the GRE or MAT.
- Our M.S. in Accounting program can be completed in nine months.
- We offer a limited number of need-based scholarships and full-time graduate assistantships each year to well-qualified degree candidates.
- Geneseo M.S. in Accounting graduates are highly sought after and employed by all of the Big Four public accounting firms: Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Ernst & Young (EY), and KPMG.
- SUNY Geneseo offers a variety of learning options, to allow flexibility in study, including convenient late afternoon, evening, and online classes.
- Geneseo, New York is a small college town (population 8,000) in the state's Finger Lakes Region, but just 30 miles south of Rochester and 70 miles southeast of Buffalo.
- SUNY Geneseo awards and rankings