Next Steps for Admitted International Students
Congratulations on your admission to SUNY Geneseo! So, what's next?
1. Accept Admission and Scholarship Offers
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org formally accepting our offers of admission and scholarship (if applicable).
2. Submit $500 USD Deposit
Submitting your deposit will secure your place in the incoming class, and will be applied directly to your tuition, housing, and health insurance costs. Please pay online by credit card or bank transfer through our partner, Flywire.
Make sure to indicate that the payment type is "Admission Deposit." By creating a Flywire account, you will be able to use this same service to pay your tuition later on.
3. Affirm Student Code of Conduct and Set Up Knightweb and Geneseo Email Accounts
Follow the instructions in your acceptance letter. We send your acceptance letter after you have paid the deposit.
4. Apply for your Visa
After receiving your I-20 Immigration Packet from SUNY Geneseo ISSS, apply for your student visa.
5. Submit Residence Life Form
Complete and email Residence Life Reservation Form to email@example.com.
6. Complete & Submit Sponsorship Form, Bank Statement, and Photocopy of Passport I.D. Page
We need these documents to issue your Form I-20, a required document to apply for your student visa and to enter the United States.
7. Send Official Final Transcripts/Records and Exam Score Reports
First-time university students send official final secondary transcripts/school records, AP, IB, or A-Level exam results, and/or national exam results. University transfer students, please arrange for an end-of-semester final transcript to be sent to Geneseo.
8. Complete Health and Immunization Requirements Before Arrival
The Department of Student Health and Counseling requires all new students to submit physical health and immunization records online before arriving to campus. All instructions and forms can be accessed here. Please email nurse Laura Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about these requirements or forms.
9. Get Excited About International Student Orientation!
For more information, please visit our Orientation page.
10. Read and Complete CANVAS Pre-Departure Information Packets Before Arrival
You will receive an email from the ISSS staff when these information packets are available to view online through CANVAS, and consistent reminders to complete them.
11. Inform the ISSS Office of your Travel Plans
Email email@example.com with your flight information so we can arrange to pick you up at the airport on the designated arrival dates. A survey asking for this information will also be included in myCourses Pre-Departure Packet #1.