Securing on-campus housing as a freshman or transfer student is a straightforward process that's done mostly online. Remember SUNY Geneseo has a two-year residency requirement. All students must live on campus in College housing for two academic years unless they are commuting from the home of their legal guardian.
If you're a returning student, please visit the returning student housing page.
Spring 2020 Information
- Housing deposits and housing applications are due January 3rd, though applications will be accepted after this date.
- Housing deposits are being accepted now. An application is made available 24 hours after a deposit is made. Applications are available by logging into our housing software, symplicity residence. You can access symplicity by visiting go.geneseo.edu/symplicity. You log in with the same username and password as your Geneseo email account.
- We will only communicate to your Geneseo email address, so be sure to check it regularly.
- Housing assignment notifications will be sent out starting January 3rd for applications submitted prior to that.
1. View the options
Check out the Residence Halls and Living-Learning Communities page to learn about Geneseo's on-campus housing.
2. Pay the housing deposit
Pay your $150 housing deposit online through KnightWeb, in person at the Student Accounts Office in Erwin Hall, or by telephone (585-245-5621). Once your deposit is paid, a housing application will appear in your Symplicity account (within 1-3 business days).
How to pay your deposit online:
- Log into KnightWeb.
- Click on "Student" menu.
- Click on "Student Records".
- Click on "Pay Housing Deposit".
- Select "Credit Card" from the drop-down box.
- You should then be prompted to enter your credit card information and initiate your online housing deposit payment.
Parents: In order to pay your student's housing deposit online, you will need login information. If your student has arranged for you to be an "authorized user" through the Student Accounts Office, you will be able to pay the housing deposit at go.geneseo.edu/deposit.
3. Complete the application
Within 1-3 business days of paying your housing deposit, your Roommate Preference Form (RPF) will be available to you in the Symplicity residence software. Log into Symplicity using your Geneseo username and password and you will see a blue box that reads "Get Started" with your housing application.
4. Tell us your roommate preference
This step is optional. If you want to share a room with another new Geneseo student, fill out the Roommate Preference Form to request to live together. New students are assigned to residence halls according to deposit dates (first come, first served), so unfortunately we can't guarantee placement in your preferred housing or with your preferred roommate.
Housing Resources and Links
- Campus Map: Has all of our residence halls and academic buildings. You can report directly to your residence hall when you arrive!
- Orientation: Orientation and New Student Programs.
- Residence Halls & Living-Learning Communities: Housing options at Geneseo.
- Symplicity: Geneseo's Symplicity housing software, where you can complete your housing application.
- Tesla House: Our new science-education based Living-Learning Community for first-year students.
- What to Bring: What to bring, what to leave home, and room and furniture dimensions.
- Weeks of Welcome (Fall Only): The first few weeks of the fall semester are filled with events and activities just for new students.