Below are the Mandatory Health/Immunization Requirements all students must complete no later than August 1, 2020.
All requirements must be uploaded/completed within our student health portal https://myhealth.geneseo.edu/ .
- Obtain immunization records
Proof of the following REQUIRED NYS requirements.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Dose 1, no more than 4 days prior to student's first birthday MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Dose 2 , at least 28 days after the first dose
- Meningococcal ACWY with in the last 5 years OR 2 or 3 dose series Meningococcal B OR Meningococcal Waiver
HIGHLY Recommended Immunizations
- Tetanus- Diphtheria- Pertussis (Td, TDAP)
- Hepatitis A and B
- Gardasil (HPV)
Where can I obtain my immunization record and physical?
Download our Immunization Record form for your medical provider to complete. Located on the health portal under medical clearances/immunization record/download. Contact your primary care Doctor for a copy or print (with your name) from their health portal.
What is an Acceptable Immunization Record?
A copy of your immunizations (including actual dates) on an official government/school letterhead — the simplest place to obtain this may be from your most recently attended high school or college; OR A copy of your immunizations (including actual dates) on physician’s letterhead with dated Doctor/Provider signature, which includes printed name, address and telephone number; OR Have a blood test to confirm immunity. Please note: a copy of the lab report must be provided to Student Health Services. Please note that the documentation must be in English and must have students name and date of birth
- High School - These records must contain adequate information (including actual days) for each immunization.
- Personal Immunization Records - Transfer immunization information to this form and have your MD, NP, PA, or school nurse sign the form (including actual days) .
- Local Health Departments - If primary immunizations were received at your County Health Department request a certified copy from there (including actual days) .
- Transfer Students - Obtain a copy of your immunizations from your previously attended school by getting in direct contact with the Health Service (including actual days) .
- Recent Physical
- Consent for Treatment Online Form
- Read and acknowledge the online Consent for Treatment, which explains our privacy policies and consent for treatment.
- If you will be 17 after you arrive on campus, your parents/guardians will need to print and complete the Minor Consent Form located within Upload/Download forms. Once completed upload the minor consent to the same location.
- Health History Online Form
Here you will enter your allergies, medications, personal health history as well as family history.
- TB Screening Online Questionnaire
All SUNY Geneseo incoming students are required to complete an online tuberculosis (TB) screening, via the secure electronic my health portal (myhealth.geneseo.edu), to determine if they are high risk for tuberculosis.
This is key to implement target testing. Screening and testing supports our strategy to control and prevent infection in our campus community and the surrounding public community.
If all the responses are NO, there is nothing further to complete/submit.
If ANY responses are YES, we will require additional records as proof of tuberculosis testing. Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) result laboratory report REQUIRED for those born outside the United States, has had BCG vaccination(s), or has had history of a positive skin test result.
- A skin test (PPD) performed within the last 12 months is appropriate EXCEPT for the student that were born outside the United States, has had BCG vaccination(s), or has had history of a positive skin test result, they must submit a laboratory.
Email: evansL@geneseo.edu , Phone: 585-245-6284 , Fax: 585-245-5015
- Insurance Information Online Form
Form to enter your current health insurance information.
Please contact your insurance company to verify that our lab, Quest-Pittsburgh, is in your network and whether or not you are required to obtain prior authorization for labs. You will be responsible for any charges your health insurance does not cover.
- HIV Testing Acknowledgement Online Acknowledgement
Statement acknowledging that you understand that Student Health & Counseling offers HIV testing.
- >= 19 NYSIIS (New York State /immunization Information System) Consent
The New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS) is a confidential, computerized system that contains immunization records and allows authorized users access to a person’s shot record. Participation in NYSIIS is for people 19 years of age and older is voluntary, so your consent is needed.
- Student Athlete Information