Below are the Mandatory Health Requirements all students must complete no later than July 31, 2021
The State University of New York (SUNY) is finalizing its COVID requirements for this fall. Once we have received those requirements, you will be notified via your SUNY Geneseo email.
All requirements must be uploaded/completed within our student health portal https://myhealth.geneseo.edu/ .
- COVID Vaccine Requirements
If you HAVE received the completed series of one of the approved vaccines listed below, please upload it to your health portal at https://myhealth.geneseo.edu under Medical Clearance, COVID vaccine.
- Johnson & Johnson / Janssen
Per New York State guidance and pending approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, SUNY will require all in-person students to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before returning to campus this fall.
The COVID Vaccine requirement will ONLY be implemented if the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approves the vaccines.
- Immunization Requirements
Our office will obtain your immunization records from the New York State Immunization Information System. If we are unable to locate your immunization records, we will contact you to obtain them.
HIGHLY Recommended Immunizations
- COVID 19
- Tetanus- Diphtheria- Pertussis (Td, TDAP)
- Hepatitis A and B
- Gardasil (HPV)
Serum titers are blood tests that measure whether or not you are immune to a given disease(s). More specifically a quantitative serum titer is a titer with a numerical value indicating your actual degree of immunity to a disease(s). When titers are drawn they must be quantitative titers, and you must upload copies of the official laboratory printouts containing the numerical values for Mumps, Measles and Rubella immunity to the health portal under medical clearances/immunization upload.
If the titer for a specific disease shows that you’re not immune, you will need to get vaccinated or re-vaccinated (also known as getting a booster).
- Recent Physical
- First-year students/Transfer students within the last 12 months from arrival on campus.
- If you will not be using our Physical health form (located on your health portal) you may use your provider's form or a printout of a valid physical from your provider's portal.
- A valid physical must have:
- students name
- date of physical
- signature of provider or from the providers portal it must show the providers information.
- a statement that the student is healthy to attend college
- A valid physical must have:
- Potential varsity athletes within 6 months of the start of your sport. Must complete additional information at Sports Medicine in the Medical Forms section.
- Consent for Treatment < 18 years of age (online form)
- Read and acknowledge the online Consent for Treatment, which explains our privacy policies and consent for treatment.
- If you will be 17 after you arrive on campus, your parents/guardians will need to print and complete the Minor Consent Form located within Upload/Download forms. Once completed upload the minor consent to the same location.
- Health History (online form)
Here you will enter your allergies, medications, personal health history as well as family history.
- TB Screening (online questionnaire)
Respond to ALL questions with a YES or No answer.
- If all the responses are NO, there is nothing further to complete. CLICK submit.
- If you answered YES to one of the following, you will need laboratory proof of an Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) blood test.
- Born in one of the countries listed as having a high incidence of active TB
- Received a BCG vaccine
- Have had a positive skin PPD test in the past
- If you answer YES to any other question, not listed above:
- Provide a negative skin test (PPD) performed within the last 12 months.
For any concerns, contact Laura Evans directly:
Email: evansL@geneseo.edu , Phone: 585-245-6284 , Fax: 585-245-5015
- Insurance Information (online form)
Form to enter your current health insurance information.
Be sure to have your insurance card present when completing this form. You must also know the subscriber's first name, last name, and birthdate. The subscriber is usually your parent or guardian.
Please contact your insurance company to verify that our lab, Quest-Pittsburgh, is in your network and whether or not you are required to obtain prior authorization for labs. You will be responsible for any charges your health insurance does not cover.
- HIV Testing Acknowledgement (online acknowledgment)
A statement acknowledging that you understand that Student Health & Counseling offers HIV testing. This does not require that you have HIV testing. It is making you aware that HIV testing is available if you wish to get tested.
- Over Age 19 NYSIIS (New York State Immunization Information System) Consent
The New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS) is a confidential, computerized system that contains (shot) immunization records and allows authorized users access to a person’s shot record. Participation in NYSIIS is for people 19 years of age and older is voluntary, so your consent is needed to complete this process.
- Student-Athlete Information