All students must complete Mandatory Health/Immunization Requirements BEFORE arriving on campus for Orientation.
All requirements will be uploaded or completed within our student health portal https://myhealth.geneseo.edu/
- Obtain immunization records (see box to the right)
Proof of the following REQUIRED NYS requirements.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Dose 1, no more than 4 days prior to student's first birthday MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Dose 2 , at least 28 days after the first dose
- Meningococcal ACWY with in the last 5 years OR 2 or 3 dose series Meningococcal B OR Meningococcal Waiver
HIGHLY Recommended Immunizations
- Tetanus- Diphtheria- Pertussis (Td, TDAP)
- Hepatitis A and B
- Gardasil (HPV)
- Recent Physical
- Consent for Treatment
- Read and acknowledge the online Consent for Treatment, which explains our privacy policies and consent for treatment.
- If you will be 17 after you arrive on campus, your parents/guardians will need to print and complete the Minor Consent Form located within Upload/Download forms. Once completed upload the minor consent to the same location.
- Health History Online Form
Here you will enter your allergies, medications, personal health history as well as family history.
- TB Screening Questionnaire
All incoming students are assessed for the risk of TB (Tuberculosis) through completing the online questionnaire. The student will be emailed if further testing is required.
- Insurance Information
Form to enter your current health insurance information.
Please contact your insurance company to verify that our lab, Quest-Pittsburgh, is in your network and whether or not you are required to obtain prior authorization for labs. You will be responsible for any charges your health insurance does not cover.
- HIV Testing Acknowledgement
Statement acknowledging that you understand that Student Health & Counseling offers HIV testing.
- >= 19 NYSIIS (New York State /immunization Information System) Consent
The New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS) is a confidential, computerized system that contains immunization records and allows authorized users access to a person’s shot record. Participation in NYSIIS is for people 19 years of age and older is voluntary, so your consent is needed.
Where can I obtain my immunization record and physical?
• Download our Immunization Record form for your medical provider to complete. Located on the health portal under medical clearances/immunization record/download.
• Contact your primary care Doctor for a copy or print (with your name) from their health portal.
• High School - These records must contain adequate information (including actual days) for each immunization.
• Personal Immunization Records - Transfer immunization information to this form and have your MD, NP, PA, or school nurse sign the form (including actual days) .
• Local Health Departments - If primary immunizations were received at your County Health Department request a certified copy from there (including actual days) .
• Transfer Students - Obtain a copy of your immunizations from your previously attended school by getting in direct contact with the Health Service (including actual days) .
What is an Acceptable Immunization Record?
- A copy of your immunizations (including actual dates) on an official government/school letterhead — the simplest place to obtain this may be from your most recently attended high school or college; OR
- A copy of your immunizations (including actual dates) on physician’s letterhead with dated Doctor/Provider signature, which includes printed name, address and telephone number; OR
- Have a blood test to confirm immunity. Please note: a copy of the lab report must be provided to Student Health Services.
- Please note that the documentation must be in English and must have students name and date of birth