McNair Scholars Program
Ronald E. McNair Post-baccalaureate Achievement Program
The McNair Program is a U.S. government supported program, named after and dedicated to Astronaut Ronald E. McNair who died in the 1986 Challenger space shuttle explosion. McNair earned his Ph.D. in Physics from MIT. The McNair program honors his extraordinary achievements by enabling students to achieve and succeed academically and personally.
Launched in 1989, the McNair Program partners with over 150 colleges and universities across the country.
The SUNY Geneseo McNair Scholars Program encourages the pursuit of doctoral study by providing:
- Research-intensive experiences
- Extensive mentoring and support
- Grant-funded stipends for student research work
- Opportunities to visit graduate schools
- Opportunities to attend professional conferences
- Monetary assistance in support of program goals
McNair Office: Blake C, 205
Please email McNair@geneseo.edu with any questions!