McNair Scholars Program: Eligibility
Personal Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be first generation college students (neither parent has graduated from a four-year higher education institution) who meet the income guidelines set by the US Department of Education
- Applicants must be member of a group that are historically under-represented in graduate education (Black (non-Hispanic), Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiians, Native American Pacific Islanders). Please note applicants who are Asian are NOT recognized as under-represented in graduate education by the Department of Education.
- Applicants must be United States citizens or have proof of permanent resident status.
Academic Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be full-time, matriculated Geneseo students.
- Applicants must have GPA of 2.8 or higher in their major and overall.
- Primary major should be one of the following: any discipline in STEM, Social Science, or Humanities.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 60 credits (junior status) before the summer research internship.