Local and regional internships are available at various locations, including Milne Library, the Livingston County Museum and local art galleries and institutions. We have also placed interns at The Smithsonian Institution, Washington.D.C., Sotheby's (NYC), Albright Knox Museum and similar institutions.
Contact: Robert di Carlo - Erwin 106 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Museum Studies Consortium
- Milne Library, Liz Argentieri
- Livingston County Historical Society, Geneseo, Anna Kowalchuk
- Wadsworth Library, Anna Grace
- Geneseo Archives - David Norton
- Johnson Furniture Restoration
- Livingston County Historical Society, Amie Alden
- Village Archive - Historian -David Parish
- Friends of Long Point Park - Joe Ferrero
Joining soon ...
- Rochester Memorial Art Gallery
- Eastman House
- Letchworth Park
You can also develop your own internships, provided you follow these guidelines:
1. Must have a supervisor, who is a director of an established institution, such as a library, gallery, museum, historical/scientific etc. in nature (no pet projects, like sorting files for anyone, or researching family genealogies or organizing private papers or anything that is not recognized as an institutional entity with external funding and a recognized status in the library or museum world).
2. Must have an intellectual/research application.
3. Must have approval from the faculty adviser in either the Department of Art History or the Museum Studies Minor, as described in the Geneseo Bulletin.