Center for Inquiry, Discovery & Development
The Center for Inquiry, Discovery and Development is an office within the Division of Academic Affairs that supports SUNY Geneseo's mission to promote “transformational learning experiences” and to “inspire students to be socially responsible and globally aware citizens”. In addition to the Directors that handle the day-to-day operations in the CIDD, there is a designated group of faculty, staff and community members that serve as voting stakeholders in the CIDD. This group is called the Community Cabinet. The CIDD supports a range of integrative and applied learning programs, works with students and faculty to sustain and build innovative learning experiences, and cultivates opportunities for collaboration between the College and community partners. The CIDD directly administers the Student Ambassadorships, which are Foundation-funded scholarships providing students with opportunities to pursue projects connecting academic work, co-curricular experiences, and community engagement. Affiliating with the CIDD are the Office of Fellowships and Scholarships, the Institute for Community Well Being, and the Edgar Fellows.
The Geneseo Student Ambassadors
The CIDD administers a number of scholarships that support innovative student projects. These projects reflect the principles of “integrative learning” in applying knowledge and skills gained from academic, cocurricular, and service experiences to real world problems and issues. Geneseo Student Ambassadors collaborate with local community members in locations as close as the village of Geneseo and as far away as Haiti, Nicaragua, and Senegal. Uniting their work is a spirit of inquiry, creative problem solving, and attention to advancing SUNY Geneseo’s commitment to the public good. You can learn more about the current Student Ambassadors and the application process here.
Meet some of the Geneseo's current Student Ambassadors
- Arlenis Santana (class of 2018) Eddie Lee '76 First Generation Ambassador
- Patrick Buckley (class of 2018), James Houston '80 Ambassador in Innovation
- Sofia Villalon (class of 2018), Frank Vafier '74 Ambassador in Leadership
- Sarah Jane Phillips (class of 2018), Community Advocates Ambassador in Community Engagement
Meet some of the Geneseo's previous Student Ambassadors
- Hannah Loo (class of 2016), John A. and MaryGrace '84 Gleason Ambassador in Student Affairs
- Francesca DiGiorgio (class of 2016), Community Advocates Ambassador in Community Engagement
- Katherine Zaslavsky (class of 2016), Frank Vafier '74 Ambassador in Leadership
- 2016 Community Advocates Ambassador in Community Engagement Francesca DiGiorgio
- CIDD 2016 Provost's Ambassador in Diversity, Alex McGrath '17, earns prestigious scholarshi
- Evan Goldstein '17, CIDD James Houston '80 Ambassador in Innovation wins SUNY-Wide Award
- Watch Brandon Gaylord '17, CIDD 2015 Geneseo Alumni Association Ambassador in Philanthropy Ambassador video, "Stand Up Leadership"
- Watch CIDD ambassador video
- Read The Geneseo Scene feature on CIDD
- Watch a video featuring Ambassador Jennifer Grom's final project
- Watch a video featuring CAS Entrepreneurship Ambassador Luciano Scala at Clinton Global Initiative University
The Center for Inquiry, Discovery & Development
Geneseo, NY 14454