SUNY Geneseo offers master’s degree programs in accounting and education. Most of our graduate programs are available to full-time or part-time students, with courses generally scheduled in the late afternoon and evening and some delivered online. Internships and other field placement courses usually require students to be enrolled on a full-time basis for the duration of the internship.
- MS Accounting [PDF brochure] [PDF program insert]
- Reading and Literacy B-12 Program [PDF brochure] [PDF program insert]
- MS Childhood Multicultural Education (Grades 1-6) [PDF brochure] [PDF program insert]
- MS Adolescence Education (Grades 7-12) [PDF brochure]
- TESOL Sequence [PDF Coursework and Course Descriptions]
Why Choose Geneseo
- The School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International (AACSB International), a recognition fewer than 5% of the world’s business schools attain.
- Geneseo students have demonstrated some of the best pass rates on the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) exam in New York State.
- The Ella Cline Shear School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the standard of excellence in teacher preparation.
- Over the last four years, more than 66% of our students have passed the CPA exam on their first attempt. And, many of our students complete part or all of the CPA exam during their time in the program.
- Our average graduate class size is no larger than 20 students.
- Professionals earning the M.S. in Accounting need only one year of work to meet the experience requirement for CPA licensure.
- If you are a SUNY Geneseo accounting major with a GPA of 3.20 or greater, no GMAT is required.
- Applicants to our education master's degree programs may submit the Educating All Students (EAS), edTPA or other substantially equivalent test in place of the GRE.
- Our M.S. in Accounting program can be completed in nine months.
- We offer a limited number of merit-based scholarships and full-time graduate assistantships each year to well-qualified degree candidates.
- Geneseo M.S. in Accounting graduates are highly sought after and employed by all of the Big Four public accounting firms: Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Ernst & Young (EY), and KPMG.
- SUNY Geneseo offers a variety of learning options, to allow flexibility in study, including convenient late afternoon, evening and online classes.
- Geneseo, New York is a small college town (population 8,000) in the state's Finger Lakes Region, but just 30 miles south of Rochester and 70 miles southeast of Buffalo.
- SUNY Geneseo awards and rankings