The Office of Multicultural Affairs exists to support the college’s core value of diversity. OMP works toward creating a welcoming/inclusive campus community for students from diverse backgrounds by collaborating with faculty, staff and students to develop programs and resources that will support curricular and co-curricular success. Sponsored programs promote diversity awareness and an inclusive, respectful campus community. Specific attention is given to retention efforts of ALANA (African American, Latino, Asian, Native American) students.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs provides a number of services to the SUNY Geneseo community:
- Assists students in the resolution of academic and personal issues
- Serves as a "bridge," to connect students to other members of the college community
- Provides a place for students to share and discuss cross-cultural experiences and to interpret those experiences
- Supports ALANA (African American, Latino/a, Asian American and Native American) students
- Offers presentations on a variety of diversity related issues