Ten SUNY Geneseo students will serve as Presidential Scholars for the 2022-2023 academic year. The students represent a variety of academic areas and exemplify the college's institutional values. Presidential Scholars are top-achieving members of the senior class who also serve as ambassadors for the College.
To receive the honor, students must demonstrate a commitment to Geneseo’s values including:
- A commitment to learning, as evidenced by a record of academic achievement through curriculum and participation in impactful academic work such as, overseas studies, independent study or research, conference presentations, publications, and/or significant artistic or creative projects.
- A commitment to belonging, as evidenced by advocacy for the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice through curricular and co-curricular service and/or other activities.
- A commitment to at least one of the college values of creativity, civic engagement, and sustainability, as evidenced by a record of intellectual curiosity and personal growth, active participation as a member of campus or wider communities, and/or work to advance principles of ecological, social, and economic stewardship
This year's cohort represents 12 majors, 5 minors, 2 Edgar Fellows and numerous disciplines
- Sydney Carnival, a dual Political Science and Economics major with a minor in International Relations: Global/Political Economics
- Hannah Cole, an International Relations major with a minor in Conflict Studies: Global Perspective
- Taylor Hansen, a Sociomedical Sciences major with a minor in the Edgar Fellows Honors Program
- Marcie Hogan, a dual Applied Physics and Geography major with a minor in the Edgar Fellows Honors Program
- Macy Kuebler, a Neuroscience major with a minor in Human Development
- Josephine Lewis, a Communication major with a minor in Conflict Studies: US Social Conflict
- Kathleen McCarey, a dual Communication and English major
- Chryssanthi Tzetzis, a Biology major with a minor in Human Development
- Elizabeth Wisniewski, a History, Adolescence Education: Social Studies major with a minor in Political Science
- Jacob Zaengle, a Philosophy major with a minor in Museum Studies
Learn more: www.geneseo.edu/provost/presidential-scholars