Jones Hall is a corridor-style residence in the Central Village, close to Milne Library and the academic buildings. It's open to students of all years and it is one of two residence halls to include a substance-free housing block.
The first floor of Jones Hall includes three kitchenettes and a computer lab. Laundry facilities and indoor bicycle storage are on the basement level, with lounges on the first and second floors.
Users with a Geneseo email may log in to access the floor plans.
- Corridor-style building
- All years
- 200 students
- First-Year Experience LLC
- Upper-Level Experience LLC
- Resident Advisor for Wellness is housed here
- Substance Free housing block
- Jones Hall houses mostly first-year students, but includes upperclassmen
- Has a First-Year Experience LLC and an Upper-Level Experience LLC
- A section of Jones Hall is set aside for students who want to live in "substance-free" housing. Substance-free housing is a living option for students who want to live near others who have promised not to possess or consume alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs in the living environment or be in an intoxicated state in the residence.
- A specialty RA position, the resident advisor for wellness (RAW), is an in-hall, personal resource for students regarding all things wellness. The RAW partners with the Department of Student Health and Counseling to improve students' well-being.
Students living in Jones Hall will:
- Display resilience when faced with adversity during the transition to Geneseo
- Identify and implement strategies to improve their overall wellness (physical, emotional, and mental wellness)
- Create meaningful relationships with each other and lasting connections with staff and faculty
Jones Hall Values
Respect | Inclusion | Advocacy