Theatre and Dance Student Organizations
- Group meetings and auditions are publicized on campus.
- Student representatives to Department of Theatre and Dance faculty committees are elected annually from student organizations. Cothurnus represents Theatre majors and minors whereas Orchesis represents Dance minors.
Theatre Student Organizations
Alpha Psi Omega
Alpha Psi Omega is the national theatre honor society.
- Revived in 2000 after an almost fifteen year hiatus, the Zeta Nu chapter of Alpha Psi Omega is active again.
- At least two semesters of service in theatre, musical theatre, or dance
- A minimum GPA of 3.2
- A declared major or minor in theatre, musical theatre, or dance
- Submit applications to pledge in the fall or spring semester.
- All those fulfilling the chapter's requirements for membership will be invited to pledge.
- An initiation ceremony is held at the end of the semester.
- Cothurnus is a co-curricular student theatre organization that presents opportunities for students to experience all aspects of a theatrical production and apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom.
- Cothurnus funds two faculty supervised shows per year and two to four student directed and designed productions called Vegetable S.O.U.P. (Student Organized Undergraduate Production) per year.
- These venues are funded by Mandatory Student Fees.
- Alternative Cooperative Theatre (A.C.T. I's) are weekly workshop opportunities open to any student.
- Meetings of Cothurnus are Fridays at 3:30 in the Brodie Student Commons. Anyone interested in theatre arts is encouraged to attend.
- Veg S.O.U.P. meetings are arranged separately.
- ACT I performances immediately follow Cothurnus.
Musical Theater Club
Dance Student Organizations
- Orchesis is Geneseo's student dance organization.
- Orchesis promotes all styles of dance both on the Geneseo campus and in the surrounding community.
- Orchesis presents its members with an opportunity to choreograph dances and to perform in student works.
- There are at least two performances each academic year; one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester -- Beyond the Studio Mirror.
- Orchesis meets every Thursday at 6:00 pm in the Brodie Dance Studio, Room 152. Information/Planning meetings alternate with student directed dance classes. Everyone is welcome!