Volunteer locally today!
Center for Dispute Settlement
- Program Description: Handles mediation between co-workers, custodial visitation and disputes between landlords and tenants
- Contact: Letitia Rosenthal, 585-243-7007 ext. 7178, email@example.com
- Address: 6 Court Street, Geneseo, NY 14454 Room 103
- Volunteer Opportunities: After completing an interview and and training program, volunteers can work in mediation
Council for Exceptional Children: Tutoring
- Mission: To help children excel with their academic achievement
- Volunteer Opportunities: Tutoring students of all ages and abilities in all subject areas
- Contact: Cassidy Christensen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: SUNY Geneseo Campus
HEROS (Higher Education Resource Opportunities in Schools)
- Program Description: To encourage high school students to go to college; Trained HEROS mentors work one-on-one each week with students that have been selected by their guidance counselor
- Contact: Paige O'Connor, email@example.com or Paula McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: HEROS Program
- Volunteer Opportunities: As a HEROS mentor, one is expected to complete a training workshop through GOLD entitled "Keys to Effective Mentoring", to show up each week for one hour to meet with mentee and to be an empathetic and non-judgemental supporter of a high school student
- Additional Information: If you would like to be a mentor for the HEROS program, please complete the HEROS Mentor Application.
National Warplane Museum
- About the Organization: In 2013 this organization re-acquired the name of the National Warplane Museum and is both a museum and event center. NWM is dedicated to the restoration, preservation, display, and flight of aircraft of the World War II and Korean War eras, as well as the recognition of all United States Military personnel for their service and sacrifice. From 1994 until 2013 this organization was known as the 1941 Historical Aircraft Group Museum.
- Contact: 585-243-2100
- Website: https://nationalwarplanemuseum.com
- Address: 3489 Big Tree Lane, Geneseo, NY 14454
- Website: www.tereseahouse.org
- Contact: Peter Brandt, 585-243-1978
- Address: 21 Highland Rd, Geneseo, NY 14454
- Program Description: A volunteer-powered Hospice program that provides round-the-clock comfort and caring for people in their last three months of life.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteers spend time with residents and their families in a variety of ways including reading and watching TV with residents, physical and emotional care for residents as well as answering phone and preparing small meals