In Case of Emergency
SUNY Geneseo is committed to providing a safe campus environment for students, faculty and staff, and visitors.
How to Report an Emergency
- Call University Police at (585) 245-5222 or call 911
- Remain calm and clearly state, "This is an emergency."
- Describe the nature of the emergency
- Give the number from which you're calling
- Identify the location of the emergency
- Be prepared to provide as much detail as possible
- Don't hang up until instructed to do so, unless there is an immediate threat to your health and safety
Emergency Situations - Information and Responses
- Active Shooter
- Bomb Threats
- Evacuation or Shelter-In-Place
- Fires or Explosions
- Hazardous Materials
- Medical Emergencies or Serious Injuries
- Reporting Crimes
- Severe Weather
- Suspicious Packages
- Utility Disruptions
If you have any questions regarding our emergency procedures, please contact University Police at 585-245-5651 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NY-Alert Notification System
NY-ALERT is designed to notify you in situations where your personal safety may be at risk. Subscription is free and voluntary. This information will not be shared with any outside parties, nor will Geneseo use the system for any purpose other than a true emergency. Subscribers may elect to opt out at any point.
To subscribe to NY-ALERT, please visit:
Students: MyGeneseo (Knightweb > Personal Information menu > NY-Alert Contact Information)
Faculty & Staff: SUNY Alert Signup
Contact the CIT Help Desk at 585-245-5588 if you have signup questions or issues.