The Department of Career Development is committed to offering a comprehensive array of programs and services that support career development. We continue to develop our virtual platforms to serve better our students, alum, and employers in an advancing technological environment. Please contact our office if you have questions about how to access Handshake or to find opportunities in your field of interest.
Meet with a Career Advisor
Drop-in appointments are offered daily. Sign up under your Handshake Events tab. Virtual appointments can be scheduled with career advisors on Handshake for a telephone consultation or a video session. If you are unable to schedule online, please call 585-245-5721 or email our office.
How to schedule an appointment
- Online: Log in to Handshake. Click "Career Center" in the upper right corner, then select "Appointments."
- Click on "Schedule A New Appointment". All actively scheduled appointment are displayed at the top of the page.
- Choose "Scheduled Appointment". Select the type of appointment that meets your needs.
- Check that the CATEGORY and TYPE of appointment are correct.
- Click the STAFF MEMBER box for a drop-down list and choose the appropriate advisor.
- Click the APPOINTMENT MEDIUM box for drop-down list and choose either phone call or video call.
- Click on the left arrows to find a day open for appointments. Choose the day and time available.
When the advisor approves our appointment request, you will receive an email confirmation. If you so not receive a confirmation, please call 585-435-5721 for more information
NEW VIRTUAL RESOURCES
Big Interview is a free online platform that helps students learn interviewing skills, practice, and record your interview answers to receive feedback!
Vault provides in-depth intelligence on what it's really like to work in an industry, company or profession—and how to position yourself to land that job. Take advantage of your FREE access:
- Internship Database
Find thousands of ratings and reviews of internship programs, requirements, sample interview questions, how to apply and more.
- Vault Job Board
Search thousands of new jobs and internships posted daily, sign up for alerts based on your criteria, complete a profile and be seen by top employers and recruiters.
- Company Profiles
Rankings and reviews on industry reputation, career advancement, quality of life, salary & benefits, interview process and more.
- Vault Guides
Over 100 titles of award-winning career guides, including interview strategies, job-search tips, and full-length profiles of leading companies.
Parker Dewey offers highly motivated college students and recent graduates opportunities to complete short-term, paid, professional assignments. Check frequently because new opportunities surface daily and the projects turn over quickly.
Geneseo Class of 2020
Yes, it is a challenging job market but there are opportunities and incredibly supportive alumni willing to assist. Watch this Career Panel to hear advice as it relates to specific industries and reach out to further connect with any of our panelists today (latest June 15th) via email to email@example.com or complete an appointment.